Majestic and magnificent, this 4-level, 4-bedroom Victorian Italianate terrace house is a landmark residence in a tightly held near-harbour location. Infused with an exquisite grace, it stands at the end of a row of 8 grand terraces, built circa 1890. In impeccable condition, it is highlighted by light-filled interiors and features off-street parking and a sunny courtyard, all adding up to a prestige residence in an enviable area.
Known as “Glengowan” and beautifully updated to blend period details with modern finishes, high ceilings and exquisite floorboards frame a superb home, a flexible array of living areas combining with up to 4 excellent bedrooms to present an immaculate abode. The top-level main bedroom is an expansive zone, with soaring ceilings, original exposed timber rafters and private balcony, with 2 mid-level bedrooms beautiful spaces, the front with private balcony. The lower level meanwhile offers a great space, perfect for use as 4th bedroom, teen retreat, rumpus room, or office.
With fine gas kitchen and adjoining sun-filled family/dining space featuring clever bi-fold windows, opening to create an airy “café-style” semi-outdoor area, plus period details such as stained-glass windows, marble fireplaces, and ornate cornices, this is a home of rare beauty. Just minutes to the harbour foreshore and with convenient side access via Bradley Lane, it offers a premier lifestyle in a wonderful location, perfect for families or those looking for spacious elegant living in a beautifully central locale.
– Outstanding c1890s terrace, luxury modern renovation
– 4 bedrooms, 4 levels, superbly appointed throughout
– Side courtyard, private parking, easy side-lane access
– Stunning upper main bedroom, expansive b/ins, balcony
– 2x 2nd-level bedrooms, lower-level 4th bed/ retreat/office
– Lovely entry level living/dining area, sunny front verandah
– Large Smeg gas kitchen, d/washer, corian benches, laundry
– Adjoining sunny N-facing family space, bi-fold windows
– Modern bathrooms, WC, ample period features, fireplaces
– Mins to harbour at Rushcutters Bay, tennis courts, cafes
– Showpiece home opportunity, great near-harbour locale
Water Rates: $170.75pq
Council Rates: $1,171.90pq
- 4 bed
- 3 bath
- 4 Rooms
- 2 Parking Spaces
- 2 Garage