Step inside a world where contemporary sophistication meets Victorian authenticity & charm. Resplendent with city and Harbour Bridge views, voluminous and alluring internal spaces and an enviable location, this iconic freestanding 4 storey home is a modern masterpiece of elegant city living.
One of the first grand homes built on what was then called Woolloomooloo Hill, this is a prominent abode of character & distinction. From the moment you first enter the lavish foyer, the true grandeur of the residence is evident. Nestled to the right, and cleverly designed to also have independent access from the front terrace, is the magnificent home office designed with fluted glass, ribbed panelling and elegant multi zone work spaces. This leads to its own sumptuous living space, guest bedroom/ensuite and Juliet balcony overlooking the fabled McElhone stairs with city and harbour views.
Immediately ahead of the entranceway, the restored staircase beckons to the immense living spaces above. A clever use of smoked mirror on the stairway landing allows glimpses of each level, uniting them, but it is the enormity of the upper living space that is so unique for a home in this locale. A billowing open plan lounge room with fireplace and japanned herringbone timber floors, a dining area with chandeliers and deep balcony overlooking the infamous London Plane trees – the sheer proportions of this home are set to impress. Complete with kitchen, laundry and powder room, this is an ideal entertainer’s paradise. Refined, but not precious, this light filled space exudes energy and spirit.
As a brilliant escape, the top floor houses the master suite with large sun drenched bedroom, walk through robe / dressing room, marble ensuite with picture window and city and Harbour Bridge gazing terrace.
Yet there is still one more realm to capture the imagination: from the entranceway, there exists a small door that appears at first to be a powder room under the stairs, but in fact reveals itself to be an original staircase (hidden until recent renovations) and likely the original servants stairs which allows access to the ground floor self-contained ‘home’ with its own entrance from the street. Incorporating 2 large bedrooms, marble bathroom, generous family room complete with modern fireplace and city views, as well as a distinctive kitchen set within thick sandstone walls and an adjacent sauna, this is a domain unto itself.
With the original Heritage details verified and masterfully brought back to life, this is a unique proposition where every space exudes grace. This home takes you on a journey through areas that are both private and hidden as well as vast and expansive and while every modern convenience has been considered, the charm of yesteryear beckons & follows.
As master & commander of a unique corner of Potts Point & indeed history, you are on the doorstep to Woolloomooloo, the entrance to the CBD and its amenities, and only a short stroll to all the attractions of the locale including cafes, restaurants, shopping and entertainment.
Proud but not pompous. Joyous, but not whimsical. Deliberate, but not serious. This home with its understated opulence has a respect for the era, the architectures and the style of living. Originally completed in 1875, steeped in charm and a delightful sense of history throughout, this light filled stately home calls to a lover of authenticity, design ethos and true grandeur, ready to embrace the next chapter.
– Spacious 4 level freestanding home in the heart of Potts Point
– Early Victorian origins seamlessly integrate with contemporary renovation
– Impeccably detailed; quality finishes throughout; heritage components lovingly recreated
– Approx 10 m street frontage; off street secure parking for 2 cars
– Sprawling living dining space with abundant light, high ceilings & chandeliers
– Multiple entertaining zones and balconies – most with city and harbour views
– Elegant 4 bedrooms (master with fireplace), 3 marble bathrooms + 2 guest powder rooms
– Stylish Home Office w independent access from street & self-contained living /bedroom
– Fully independent lower level living with both internal & external access
– Two Kitchens, laundry, sauna + 2 guest powder rooms
– Set in a prominent location with uninterrupted views to city and Harbour
– On an exclusive corner at the Parisian end of Victoria St – just steps to Woolloomooloo and CBD; stroll to Potts Point attractions
Closing Date: 25th June 2021
- 4 bed
- 3 bath
- 4 Rooms
- 2 Parking Spaces
- 2 Garage