Effortless living and sublime architectural design combine in this penthouse duplex designed by award-winning architect Luigi Rosselli whom the owners regard as a residential architecture genius. Resplendent with views, outdoor entertaining spaces, quality finishes, and sun-drenched north aspect, this dual street access home opens to reveal a uniquely re-imagined 3 level apartment.
The stunning original Queen Anne facade with timber shingles and lead light windows belies the modernity and warmth that lies within. With house like proportions, this upper duplex is a study in functionality and charm. Originally built in 1921, the character & authenticity has been retained in the renovation taking the building from 2 storey to 5 including the roof top terrace and underground parking / storage.
The organic sweeping stair linking the entry bedroom levels and upper floor living is inviting and sets the scene with the subtlety of curves throughout, bringing a natural flow and a sense of tranquillity to the more practical living areas and alludes to the proximity of water. From the featured porthole window to the elegant joinery and curved edged walls, the living floor is a space that leads you gently to its expansive terrace with its comfort and views.
Considerations such as the lift door which is unobtrusively integrated into a bookshelf; the refined marble statements and clever use of Corian; the whimsical inclusion of book shelves in the guest powder room; the meanderings of the eye past the myriad of natural curves; the masterful use of lighting and dimmers in each room to play with the architecture; the feeling of decadence that surrounds the master suite, from the marble bath to the city views, private balcony & sumptuous dressing zone; the sparkle of the water that greets you as you alight the stairs – each area feels like a perfect vignette.
Or escape entirely: take the Jacobs Ladder stairs to the rooftop terrace and spa – a place of kinship with neighbours’ rooftops to welcome in the New Year as well as a decadent escape for fresh air, inspiration and sunshine.
Stunning, but unpretentious, there is a style of living here that comes from unique, passionate & considered design choices. A home that one can wander through and rest in various places, each creating its own ambience; or entertain within – moving from terrace to dining to rooftop to library with ease. Whether you arrive via the rear lane access garage and elevator straight to the kitchen, or via the modern front door and ascend the curved staircase, all floors have a view and every entrance creates its own first impression.
Located in the quietest cul-de-sac, above Embarkation Park, you are only steps to Woolloomooloo and the entrance to the CBD and its amenities, or only a short stroll to all the attractions of the locale including cafes, restaurants, shopping and entertainment.
A home to be forever at home in.
– Architectural masterpiece by Luigi Rosselli with private internal lift
– Spacious living & dining flows to north terrace and integrates with expansive kitchen
– Jacobs Ladder stair leading to a glazed roof hatch and a landscaped roof terrace beyond with spa pool & city skyline backdrop.
– Large kitchen + pantry with integrated contemporary breakfast bar + wine bar
– Enormous master suite w robes/dressing area, ensuite with heated floor and bidet, balcony & city views
– Bedrooms 2 & 3 with built in joinery, Queen Anne bay lead light window in one and additional study space in the other
– Library with guest powder room; large studio space with flexible possibilities
– 2 luxurious bathrooms with baths; large hidden laundry
– Stunning and classic curved staircase divides living and sleeping zones
– Extensive custom built-in joinery designed by architect
– Back to base security, intercom, ducted reverse cycle air conditioning, integrated CAT6 cabling, integrated garden & entrance lighting
– Rear lane access to garage with parking for 2 cars plus storage
– Located in a quiet, sought after cul-de-sac position just steps to Woolloomooloo and CBD; stroll to Potts Point attractions
INSPECT BY APPOINTMENT:
Wednesday, 2nd June 12.15 to 12.45pm
Wednesday, 2nd June 5.00 to 5.30pm
Saturday, 5th June 12.15 to 12.45pm
Wednesday, 9th June 5.00 to 5.30pm
Saturday, 12th June 12.15 to 12.45pm
- 3 bed
- 2 bath
- 3 Rooms
- 2 Parking Spaces
- 2 Garage