The Yellow House. From the artistic and visually appealing secure entrance way, to the architecturally fascinating apartment foyer with Japanese wallpaper lighting, once you step across the copper threshold to this apartment, you know you are in a truly unique and creative space. A character filled hallway greets you, with brick feature entry wall, high ceilings throughout and dark original timber floorboards. A striking metal framed opaque glass bedroom wall conceals a voluminous, quiet space with extensive built in robes and feature arch window. Accessible from the bedroom and hall, the bathroom houses an oversized basin, timber elements, mirrored shower, green feature and a fully concealed laundry nook. The open plan living area also allows for a full sized dining table (great for entertaining) plus a long kitchen with large mirrored splash back creating a heightened sense of space. Flanked by the infamous London Plane trees of the Parisian end of Potts Point, the deep, private yet open sculptural balcony by Michael Snape allows for wide vistas up and down Macleay St, providing a mini oasis just steps to some of the best restaurants, cafes and shopping.
Originally built in 1896, steeped in an artistic history and a sense of community, this uniquely wonderful apartment calls to a lover of creativity and charm, ready to embrace the next era.
– Unique 1 bedroom apartment in the historic ‘Yellow House’ of Potts Point
– High ceilings, dark timber floors, unique finishes
– Deep, private, leafy outdoor terrace overlooking Macleay St
– Kitchen with induction cooking, gas wok burner, dishwasher
– Laundry nook with space for washer and dryer, separate sink, storage
– Cupboard under building ideal for wine storage
– Air conditioning. Full security. Lift Access
– Pet friendly building
– Highly sought-after apartment with a distinctive artistic history
Water Rates: $153.56pq
Council Rates: $280.83pq
Strata Levies: $1,768.00pq
- 1 bed
- 1 bath