Situated in the middle of fashionable Potts Point are the grounds of historic ‘Manar’. Surrounded by elegant gardens it has been home to many extraordinary Australians and now the former residence of Dame Nellie Melba is for sale.
Apartment 5 is the top floor of the original sandstone ‘Manar’ mansion. Approx 211sqm with scope for renovation that could include the ceiling space if envisioned. No noise from above, no noise from beside, just a spanning harbour view to crown this quiet oasis.
A private entrance and staircase lead to an expansive layout including a stunning northeast facing sunroom, which opens to embrace the magnificence that is Sydney.
The flexible floor plan is in comfortable condition with plenty of northerly light and refreshing coastal breezes. Enviably located with an extensive choice of cafes, restaurants, supermarkets, boutiques, transport and harbourside parks just metres from the door, this under-capitalised apartment offers a blue chip classic blank canvas.
* Level security entrance via landscaped shared driveway/walkway
* Easy access to private parking space
* Additional leased on premises garage available
* Superbly maintained and funded complex and sinking fund
* Private secure entry foyer
* Gracious upper foyer with sitting area or study nook
* Bay-fronted large formal living room with marble fireplace
* Conservatory style large sunroom features modern bi-fold windows
* Separate spacious dining room with adjoining open sitting zone
* Bay-fronted huge master bedroom with 2-way walk-in robe or separate study/home office
* 2 additional double bedrooms, 2 separate bathrooms, main with bath
* Good size kitchen with modern dishwasher, electric hob and oven
* Towering ceilings and gracious period details
* Secure private 2nd foyer leads up to shared sunny rooftop entertaining terrace with more views
* An opportunity to buy into prestigious Manar and to fulfill a grand apartment’s tremendous potential
Council Rates: $608.30pq
Water Rates: $168.41pq
- 3 bed
- 2 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Floor Area is 211 m²