Set in the prestigious grand Edwardian estate “Danmark”, this remarkable oversized 1-bedroom apartment offers sophisticated living at an iconic harbour-side address. Beautifully positioned in one of the most noteworthy buildings on Sydney's most exclusive street, this dazzling apartment features grand proportions and an abundance of old world character details while effortlessly retaining contemporary appeal. The heritage listed communal gardens and private gated access on to Sydney's most sought after harbour beach: Seven Schillings and Redleaf pool make this a truly unique haven on the harbour.
Originally built as a grand waterfront mansion in 1907, “Danmark” was later transformed to accommodate 14 spectacular individual residences in 1930. This particular apartment represents what was once the library, with soaring 15-foot ceilings, an art nouveau fireplace and exquisite timber detailing throughout that draws the eye and gives a sensibility of grandeur and arresting elegance. The building presents gracefully to the street and features a grand foyer packed with architectural significance, highlighted by a magnificent stained-glass domed ceiling, original lead light doors and striking marble and terrazzo steps.
The apartment features level entry, opening on to an expansive living area with noticeably high ceilings and a sumptuously serene ambience immediately capturing attention. An exquisite intricately crafted wooden mantel frames the art nouveau fireplace and draws the eye along toward the integrated wall of timber shelving on the opposite wall that features a retractable sliding ladder to boot. The space flows harmoniously into a lovely spacious and sun-drenched dining room with floor to ceiling windows perfectly showing the views up the harbour and out toward Sydney's iconic Harbour Bridge. Meanwhile, the bedroom is a peaceful sunlit space with substantial b/in robes and wide picture windows that look out toward tree lined Wolseley Road. The adjoining bathroom is airy and bright, featuring a full bath and the accompanying kitchen a generous space with stone benches and modern appliances.
The ambience for which Danmark is famous emanates from this truly spectacular residence. A harbour-side refuge that allows the resident peaceful living with the waters of the harbour easily accessible and in full view, its coming-to-market represents a rare chance to snap up a tightly held gem in this prime location. Minutes to Double Bay and with easy access to Rose Bay, Bondi, and all the lifestyle highlights of the Eastern Suburbs, it stands as alluring opportunity to marvel in all the wonders “Danmark” has to offer.
– Superb oversized 1-bedroom home in iconic Edwardian building
– Vast living area, wood shelving, lavish fireplace, 15-foot ceilings
– Spacious flowing layout, dining/sunroom w harbour views
– Peaceful sunlit bedroom, extensive b/ins, picture windows
– Generously-sized kitchen with stone benches, handy int. laundry
– Prestige building with elegant entry vestibule and exquisite stained-glass ceiling dome
– Easy level entry, pet friendly building featuring immaculately landscaped heritage grounds
– Private access to Seven Shillings Beach and harbour foreshore
– Short walk to harbour parks, Murray Rose (Redleaf) pool, Double Bay and Rose Bay.
– Architectural plans and approved DA to convert into an oversized one bedroom or two bedroom unit
- 1 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Rooms